Sunday couch flopping.
- We're back to a calm breeze and sunshine after days of fierce winds and rain! So nice to have the sun streaming through the windows!
- A couple of weeks ago, The Mister's car was hit by a drunk driver. Not only did the driver not have insurance, she didn't even have a current driver's license! He was thrilled to find out that they could make repairs instead of calling it a total loss. He gets it back in 10 days. Not a day too soon for him, as he's hating his rental. haha.
- You know how much I love that new garden window in my kitchen. Well, just before it was installed last fall, I planted a ton of pink tulips bulbs around the base of a tree that I could see from my kitchen sink! So proud of myself for finally doing this after years and years of it being on my To Do List! Well, wouldn't you know that the garden window sticks out just far enough to block my view of the tree base??? Lol...what on earth. I guess I'll move them this summer after they're done blooming.
- I've been craving doughnuts! Krispie Kreme to be exact. I swear if I bought a box of those glazed yeast beauties, I could eat half of them in one sitting. Or those cream filled ones with the chocolate frosting? I could eat two of those. Well, maybe three. haha.
- Our daffodils have bloomed! It's about a month early, but they're out there looking cheerful and spring-y! I'm going to have to cave and bring Mr. Penguin in from the front porch. He is just not feeling it and I'm not either!
- Thanks to some of your recommendations on the search for the best toilet paper, we tried the Cottonelle Clean Care and loved it! Soft, strong and no bits left behind. It passed all the tests!
- My favorite thing of the week was the day the sun came out and about 75 sparrows sat in the crab apple tree and sang and sang, just soaking up the warmth of the sun! They were so loud, I could hear them inside the house! Such a different sight than their typical flitting about the feeders, looking almost anxious, as they take turns getting the seed.
Happy new week, friends.