The setting sun this evening, glowing in the pink crab apple tree
while Mr. House Finch takes a ride on the wind-blown feeder.
We have been under a wind advisory all day!
But I didn't need to see the forecast to know it
was windy! Here's a few ways I knew...
- I didn't walk into the grocery today, I just jumped high enough to get my feet off the ground and let the wind carry me across the parking lot! (really!!)
- I didn't have to spend an hour on my hair to get that natural wind-blown look. I just stepped out on the back porch for a few seconds!
- When I stopped to put gas in the Jeep, I opened my door a couple of inches and it blew open so hard I thought it would break off at the hinges!
- We have that creepy/scary moaning and howling sound moving over the house.
- The neighbor's stick pile that we have been bemoaning all fall and winter (we can see if from our kitchen window) is now scattered all over their yard. (lol)
- I had packages on the front porch waiting for the mail man to pick up. When I got home, they were gone, but I'm not so sure they didn't just blow away! ha.
- The clouds are racing through the sky so quickly that the cute cloud animals I see morph into something else when I blink.
- The daffodils are bowing down to the ground!
- The sparrows in the feeder look like they are on an amusement park ride! haha.
Gopher: If I was you, I'd think about skedaddlin' out of here!
Winnie the Pooh: Why?
Gopher: 'Cause it's "Winds-day."
From Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, 1968