the neighbor's gazebo this evening
- We had a nice long holiday weekend. A bit busier than our usual holidays were we mostly hunker down, shut out the world and enjoy being hermits without any outside responsibilities. We sleep late, eat yummy food and relax. We did those things this time but also had company for dinner, ran a few errands and enjoyed some local festivities.
- We've had rain every day for several days! Yesterday morning, Garden Girl was laying down in her garden! The ground was so soft and saturated around her that she toppled over. Thankfully, she didn't get hurt.
- Tomorrow our kitchen cupboards, flooring, sink and counter tops get delivered. Our reno doesn't start until October 1st, but it will be fun to actually see the things in the garage, ready to start when we are. I have paint chips ready to narrow down to the best selection, too. Very exciting.
- Along with the kitchen we are having new flooring laid in the family room and foyer. It will extend from the front door straight through the house to the back door. I'm actually looking forward to clearing out the majority of our living space! I'm feeling that 'less is more' mentality and plan on only putting back what I really love and reducing a bit of clutter. We plan on storing everything in the living room during the reno. I shudder to think of what that room will look like for a month, though, while all the work is done! haha.
- Tomorrow is flea control day. haha. Think I can get 15 cats done in one day? I'm certainly going to try. It all depends on who happens to come home. Velvet is the hardest....since she won't let me touch her. I'll have to be super quick and sneaky!
- Tomorrow I will be picking a huge crop of tomatoes from the garden. It looks like they are all turning red at once! Can't wait to make some yummy dishes with them! Our zucchini and cucumber are done for the season. Both too soon for my liking!