What a difference, huh!
- The baseboards, wallpaper, upper cabinets and ceramic tiles were removed.
- I thought the water would be turned off today but it looks like we may have the sink and dishwasher another day or two!
- We thought the wallpaper would be stuck onto the drywall like the other rooms of our house and instead of gouging/repairing it all, we had opted to have new, very thin drywall layered over the existing. But when Kris, our contractor, noticed that it not only came off easily, but pulled off in complete sheets like post-it notes, we were pleasantly surprised! That not only saved him 2 days of work, but expense for us!
- The boys are doing great!
- The Mister said he'd bring home dinner.
- I woke up with a migraine. Ugh. Mine last two days, and yes it's still with me!
- The tiles wouldn't budge from the sub-flooring and had to be removed with a jack hammer.
- Migraines and jackhammers. 'Nuff said.
- When we moved my desk we found a petrified bird head. Yes, a real one.
- The picture above of my hand in the jack hammer dust. That couch is in the living room! I knew there was a reason I didn't finish my spring cleaning this year! ha.
- When we moved my desk, we found 32 toy mice underneath the drawers!
- I've decided that doing a kitchen reno is going to make me richer and skinnier! I was in my studio all day. There wasn't anywhere else I could be, so I had a very productive day listing items in my shop. And since I wasn't in the kitchen all day, I didn't eat much. I didn't cook, bake or work at my kitchen desk! No snacking! ha.