- We've been getting calls left on the answering machine for Harry from the U.S. Marine Corps. They want to invite him to give them a try and consider a career in the military. Hmm. I wonder who would be less likely to survive his boot camp. Them or Harry. hahaha...
- Have you noticed lots of blogs changing their format to giving just a snippet of the post with a 'read more' link? Am I the only one that hates that? Just give me the whole post! Don't make me go to any more windows or pages to finish what I just started. Simplfy is supposed to be 'in', right?
- I was looking for something on ebay this weekend and came across an embroidery kit for sale. It was of a cat's face. The seller, trying to give some pointers, included this... "Collect your cat's whiskers and place them in the piece. The whiskers give the piece a 3D effect and personalize it." omg. You have got to be kidding. Ew!
- Do you ever wish you could go back in time and do something differently? Yeah, I'm wishing that right about now.
- I gave the boys haircuts last night. They were long overdue. I think I cut about 4" off their heads! They look so much better and getting them ready this morning was so much easier than trying to tame the bedheads of thick wild waves!
- Several of you have commented on my new header. I love that picture for several reasons. First, I love it because it's during WWII. Those little girls don't have much. You can see ration lines behind them. Their socks are worn, their coats are filthy and probably second hand. Yet they are so happy carrying those packages. Their smiles are so sweet. Every little thing was appreciated back then. I also love it because I like the simplicity of brown paper and string for packages and use it myself. And lastly, I love that song A Few Of My Favorite Things where that line comes from. "...when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things..."