So, it's Sunday afternoon and I'm relaxing with a cup of coffee.
I have my calendar in front of me (and the Nascar race!)
and I'm looking at the next three weeks.
They are the busiest of the year for me! A home based
gift basket business naturally peaks at holiday time!
Most of my orders are to be made and delivered one week
after Thanksgiving. I want my Etsy shop to be well stocked
and then there's the Thanksgiving holiday, itself!
Today I'm pulling recipes, making grocery lists and thinking
of a few things I'd like to do, just before the busyness kicks in!
Hopefully some early planning will make it all that much
more smooth and organized!
- Clean the oven and refrigerator.
- Finalize the Thanksgiving menu and grocery list.
- Last chance on the Fall Fun To Do List!
- Thaw the big freezer, or at least sort and organize it.
- Stock up on freezer bags, foil, fresh baking yeast, butter, etc.
- Finalize the Christmas gift list and continue a little online shopping each day.
- Stock up on medicine cabinet staples ~ cold meds, etc.
- Divide baking and cooking for the week of Thanksgiving so I'm not trying to do it all Thursday morning with a turkey in the oven.
- Choose serving pieces, check the silver for tarnish and put together a table centerpiece.
- Make some pretty little place cards and take-home favors.
- Do the initial gift basket shopping for baskets, cellophane and gourmet food items.
- Buy a new Christmas tree, since we've battled an ongoing problem with the pre-lit lights over the last three years. We are SO over that tree. ha. Want to shop while the selection is good.
And most importantly, do a constant check on reality
by asking myself if it's realistic, meaningful,
the best price, and in keeping with the mantras
of quality over quantity and beauty in simplicity.
Tonight is the Frost Moon!
I won't be seeing it with storms and tornadoes in the
forecast, but if you have clear skies, go out and
enjoy it for me!