I planted some of my favorite herbs seeds today.
In no particular photo order, here's how I did it....
- I found a large metal tray on clearance from the Christmas decorations. I painted over the brown and made it a grey and white with a distressed look to match my kitchen.
- Bought 4 inexpensive plastic planters, poked holes through the bottom and added an inch of gravel for drainage.
- Filled each with potting soil, added the seeds, and another 1/2 inch of soil.
- Line the pots up in the tray.
- For tags, I cut a thank you note I received in the mail this week into 1 inch strips. Folding them in half and using hot glue, secured craft lollipop sticks into the fold and glued the open ends shut. Label with marker.
- Water each carefully as to not disturb the seeds and lightly cover with plastic wrap to hold in moisture.
- In a week, I should have little sprouts!