header

header

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Encouragement

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord.
(repeat)
~~
Our God, You reign forever.
Our Hope, our strong deliverer.
~~
You are the everlasting God,
The everlasting God.
You do not faint, you won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak,
You comfort those in need.
You lift us up on wings like eagles.
~~
(Benton Brown & Ken Riley)
Copyright 2005 Thankyou Music
~~
We sang this song in church on Sunday.
I just love it and its been stuck in my
head all week. I wish you could
hear the music with it, but the
words are powerful alone, too.

2 comments:

  1. I discovered your blog and have found your entries and insight very refreshing. I am especially encouraged from your scripture entries and would like to ask for your opinion on commentary from a friend. He claims to have certain intentions (towards me,in good taste,yet unfilled) and even "swore on the Bible" to indicate that he meant what he was saying. However, in his writings shortly thereafter, he admits to having no faith. How would you interpret his "swearing on the Bible?" Am I reading too much into this?

    Thanks,
    Looking for some encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annonymous ~ I think the phrase swearing on the Bible is something that a lot of people say when they want to emphasis how sincere they are. It sounds like he is very sincere in his intentions and wants you to know that. In a different conversation, saying that he doesn't have any faith may not have anything to do with his intentions toward you or his sincerety. I think admiting that you don't have any faith is a completely honest and open thing to say. Faith is stepping out on a belief without any concrete evidence. It's believing in something that you can't see. And it takes baby steps that I believe God rewards as you take them.
    Thanks for coming by my blog. You're welcome anytime!

    ReplyDelete

I'm serving coffee! Stay and chat!
And no awards, please! Your comments are my awards!