cell phone pic
Me this afternoon, feet up, watching NASCAR
and browsing the blogs.
- We're still in the hot sauna weather here in Ohio. We had two mornings that were cool but then reality came back with typical August weather. I have seen some beautiful brilliantly white and puffy clouds lately, though, which remind me of September skies!
- See that little ladybug sticker on my laptop at the top? It's covering the camera lens for video chatting. I read somewhere that you should cover it when not in use to prevent any weird hackers from spying on you. Of course, if they were spying first thing in the morning, I would think that my bedhead and no makeup face would be enough to deter any further spying. haha.
- I'm taking a trip to Utah in a little over a week! I'm going to stay with my niece while her husband is in Europe. She'll be 8 months pregnant and has a baby who turns one next week! She needs me! And actually, I need her. Can't wait for a trip away, some girl time, and to help her stay sane for a few days. I got a good flight with just one change in Chicago. Hope I can navigate my way through O'Hare and get there alright! haha. Very exciting!
- I have a couple dozen tomatoes on the kitchen counter. I'm looking forward to getting them into the freezer this week. I didn't put anything in the freezer last summer so it's been good to plan ahead and do that! I wish I had more zucchini, though. My plant seems to be fizzling already!
- I'm back to working on making a guest room here! I took a month off while I had all those crazy health issues going on. I got one of those bed-in-a-box mattresses. I had my doubts but we were amazed at how it inflates itself! It's beautiful, great quality and just as supportive as our expensive pillow top set. Buying a comforter wasn't so lucky, though. I felt like Murphy's Law, or "Murph" as we call him around here, was messing with my plan! It's a story that's probably long enough to be its own post, so maybe I'll do that eventually. Murph is usually joined to The Mister's hip and doesn't bother me, so I was joking last night that it was as if The Mister was buying the bed linens! haha. To be continued....