- After several weeks of dry, very hot weather, it is raining! And raining. And raining. The ground is so saturated, we're getting our side yard 'lake'. I can still remember Taylor as a little boy asking to go play in the 'lake' when this happened. One time we had ducks land in it for an afternoon swim!
- I'm wearing new contacts! Yay! I could tell I needed new ones as the old ones just were not comfortable and my eyesight had changed so much that I couldn't read things on my phone anymore. I got new glasses, too, for when I feel like rocking the librarian look. :)
- I've had the weirdest few weeks lately regarding my health. I had a sore throat and fever 4 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago I had a mild gallbladder attack...first ever. Saw the doctor on the third day, had an ultrasound, blood work, and was sent to consult with a surgeon. Since I was feeling better, she recommended surgery but when I wanted to do it since it wasn't an emergency. I have a trip coming up and wanted to feel better before then so I opted to have it done immediately. But the surgeon's scheduler never called and I continued to feel fine. So I'm taking it as a sign that one mild attack doesn't mean surgery and am postponing it for now. I've researched how to prevent further attacks and am taking some supplements for that, like Taurine and Milk Thistle. Then 2 weeks ago I twisted my ankle! Although I didn't limp, it was purple and swollen. It's almost back to normal now. Lots of ice and elevating it seems to have worked. And if all that wasn't enough, my age is catching up with me and the first hot flashes have arrived. WTH?!? These can go away right now and never come back, I'm telling you! haha. There are supplements for these, too, that I'm trying, although without any change so far, like Black Cohosh, Vitamin E and St. John's Wart. Really need to find that fountain of youth now...
- All I have to say about supplements, is...who nams these things? ha.
- Really enjoying the Olympics! :) Staying up a little late each night just to see a bit more.
- The gray weather has made it very cozy inside. And with the heat and humidity, the A/C feels especially nice. I've had rotating cats snoozing on my lap. Jack was especially cute stretching out his leg in a hug around my waist so I had to snap the picture above.
- OK...enough chatting from me. Back to photos and very limited commentary tomorrow. :)
What's going on with you?