- The Big Kids. They can't take a bad photo, can they? I stole this one from them from their vacation last month. They have all the exciting news lately! They both recently turned 25! And Taylor took a new job in Pennsylvania a couple of weeks ago! They are already there, staying with in-laws while Lauren finds a job and they get an apartment. All huge changes and it feels like it all happened in the blink of an eye! We'll miss seeing them every week but are happy for them!
- The boys. They've been to the doctor for annual checkups and we survived getting poked, prodded and lots of blood work. Then we decided to torture them further with trips to the dentist this morning. haha ... But everyone got great checkups and test results so we are super happy about that.
- I saw the first lightning bugs of the season over the weekend. Those magical things always amaze me. Fun memories of childhood, too, running through the dark summer evenings trying to catch them!
- We usually do some kind of home improvement during the late spring/early summer. This year it's the garage doors that need to be replaced. I flipped through my trusty gardening/landscaping Pinterest board and showed The Mister some ideas I had tucked away. Turns out he likes my ideas, including a wall pergola above the doors! Well, now! That excites me! haha. The doors are ordered, so it won't happen for a week or two but I'll keep you posted. I need to take a 'before' picture, too. They look sad. Very sad. haha.
- It was so cool and rainy here over the holiday weekend that I actually changed into jeans and a sweater to go shopping. What on earth! haha. Never has that happened in July!
- My blog doesn't seem to be updating on blogrolls. Anyone else having that problem?
Well, I think that's all the news for now.
How's your summer going so far?
Is your garden growing?
Are you staying cool?