- We've had fun watching this little Nuthatch run up and down the trunks of the trees lately. He's been joined by a beautiful Woodpecker who has evaded my camera so far!
- The boys have yucky head colds so we just cancelled their day program today and the rest of the week so they could have an extended Thanksgiving break and time to recuperate. And I admit it was nice not to pack lunches and sleep late this morning!
- Thanks to The Mister for coming home early so I could do the big Thanksgiving grocery trip this afternoon. I am always amused at how many bewildered people there are in the grocery a few days before Thanksgiving. They are clutching a list, worried and lost, and it's obvious they don't know where anything is located beyond their usual Swanson Frozen Dinners. I helped a few find the sage, whipping cream and one man was desperate to find the Velveeta. haha.
- I'm going to spend the day on Wednesday baking pies, rolls and a few other dishes that can be made ahead...probably like many other activities going on in kitchens all across the country. The Cornish Hens are thawing in the fridge and I get laughed at every time I say how cute they are. :) But they are!
- We had our first dusting of snow this week! Just enough to cover roof shingles and nestle in curly leaves on the ground. It didn't last through the morning but it sure made me smile! We had several inches this time last year. In contrast, we're supposed to reach 60 degrees on Thanksgiving Day!
- Along with my rebellious non-turkey Cornish Game Hens for Thanksgiving, I'm looking forward to a few other new dishes I picked out. Stuffing baked in a whole pumpkin, Butter Pecan Sliced Sweet Potatoes, and Apple Slab Pie. Yum.
- Some of our favorite dishes will be there as always, like my homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, homemade whole cranberry sauce and deep dish pecan pie (which doubles as breakfast the next day). ha.
- I'll be around to say hello and post again Wednesday night ...something brief....mainly because all work and no play makes for a very dull girl. haha.