- It's cold, grey and rainy today. Cold as in barely 60 degrees compared to almost 90 degrees from a week ago! I have a scratchy throat and head cold, so it's a good day to do mindless things on the computer and sip hot tea. If you've been one of the 'lucky' ones to chat with me today, excuse any weird humor, typos or long pauses as that's just what lethargic sick people do. haha...
- I find politics fascinating. Anyone else watching the first GOP debate tonight? No matter what party you belong to, it should be incredibly entertaining.
- We decided to freshen up our living room. Renovating the kitchen, dining and family rooms last year just accentuated the tiredness of it, so we bounced ideas back and forth all weekend, looked at a lot of ideas online and ordered a new couch, which will be delivered next week. Last night while we had some extra man power here we rearranged furniture and even moved some out to the curb with the trash. Someone usually comes by before the trash collectors to take usable items and yes, it was all gone when I looked out this morning.
- Do you know what a Stag Horned Beetle is? One was on our front porch yesterday. I thought it would take my foot off and Slate insisted on sniffing it, to which I keep telling him that he was going to loose his nose! haha. I had to look it up online. Scary looking, isn't it? I wonder what they eat. Noses? Toes? We weren't going to take any chances. ha.
- And my favorite quote of the week... "Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon." Nelson Mandela. I was impressed again yesterday in talking with someone that won't forgive. She's full of bitterness and anger and it's destroying her life. Forgiving doesn't mean the offense didn't happen. And it doesn't mean that it was ok. But you aren't going to let the past control you. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. It sets you free.