- These scones were a hit for brunch today. Tart Cherry and White Chocolate Chip. And Wanda...see that drizzle? ha. They were delicious...thank you. They were the perfect side to our bacon and spinach omelettes.
- I've been wearing my retainer for a week now. I can't say it's comfortable or that I'm enjoying it, but I can feel my teeth moving back to where they are supposed to be. Meanwhile, I've been reading up on teeth grinding, jaw clinching, and even tongue thrusting while you sleep. Who knew!
- I've also taken up some of your great suggestions! I've drank less coffee, gotten about an hour more sleep each night, and I've relaxed in a hot bubble bath a few times. I have even said no to someone asking me to do something that I really didn't want to do. No feeling of obligation at all. haha.
- I've tried to reduce some stress. It's my health we're taking about, right? So if someone stresses me out then I'm going to remove myself from that situation. If someone is cranky, I don't have to continue a conversation with them. I'm discovering I have to learn to manage some people instead of letting them manage me.
- I've seen a few people in blog land have started their spring cleaning. Funny how the new year just makes us (well some of us) feel like everything needs a freshening. I think it also has something to do with removing the Christmas decor. We start with cleaning up the dust and pine needles revealed underneath. Then room looks a little bare and we start rearranging, organizing and and throwing out old Christmas stuff we don't want to store another year. I'm finding my decoration storage getting smaller every year and I think that's a good thing!
- I've pulled out the humidifier in our house this week. With the temps in the subzero range (Fahrenheit), the furnace has been pumping warm, dry air into the house non stop! Our noses and skin are feeling the effects. Time for some moisture!
- Anyone else craving Mexican food? Seems I can't get enough avocados, cilantro, blue corn chips or sriracha lately. Yum.