from my studio window
- I gave all 5 of my men hair cuts over the weekend. Boy, did they need it, too! Harry had started playing with a curl on his forehead and I knew if I didn't cut it soon, he'd find scissors and attempt it himself! Yeah, it's happened before! Not pretty! ha.
- I couldn't believe it when I got an automated email from www.organizedchristmas.com on Monday, announcing that Christmas was 8 weeks away and my daily plan for a stress-free holiday started that day! ha. I follow this plan very loosely and it does get me doing things just a little earlier than I used to. I'm not talking decorating, but a little planning, cookie baking, gift buying, etc. Early is better than late, especially if you run a little gift basket business from your home. Whenever I wait until the last minute, I have a sick boy, or a snow day, etc.
- I also got a note from the turkey farm that they are ready to take Thanksgiving orders! I always enjoy my little trek, about an hour away, to pick up that turkey a couple of days before Thanksgiving.
- Seriously, I just want to concentrate on finishing up this half-house reno before even thinking of holidays! It's not even Halloween yet!
- I did drive into our neighborhood today and saw the neighbors putting up their Christmas decorations. Not just lights to turn on later, but wreaths, garland and Christmas ribbon! Wonder what the trick-or-treaters are going to think! ha.