- I was out looking at the moon last night. It seemed so far away and made me feel like a tiny little soul down way down on the earth. It sure was beautiful...that color! No editing! It looks like a slice of cantaloupe... or maybe a sweet potato chip?
- One cool thing that happened today while I was out was a red tailed hawk swooping down and flying very low in front of me. He continued down the road a ways as if he was my escort! Lonely little road with tall corn fields on either side.... It made this city girl who lives in the country smile really big (and wish she had her camera!).
- Have you ever seen a neat cloud shape but by the time you could take a picture, it had morphed into something not so neat? We were out driving Saturday evening and there were two giant scuba divers in the sky. They were complete with flippers, air tanks and bubbles coming from their mouths. Amazing! They immediately went behind a grove of trees as we went around a bend and by the time they were in sight again, they were just clouds. Plain old clouds. Sigh!
- All this fresh fruit of the season and I haven't baked anything with it! Not even zucchini! We've been good and healthy, just eating it fresh. But I bought extra blueberries today because the summer can't go by completely without something a la mode! Something like blueberry pie with flaky, real butter crust made from scratch. Oh yes.
- I have some of my drawings on sale in my shop and someone put together a treasury using my window drawing! Her theme was 'Is Anyone Home?" How fun! Take a look. Can you pick out my artwork? HERE.
- I bought a big box of Tootsie Pops for the boys today and there was a new flavor inside. Strawberry Watermelon. Harry is going to be most pleased when he gets home and finds out! He does love a watermelon flavored sucker!
Lately when I look at the moon, the song "Somewhere Out There"
from An American Tale comes to mind. So I just hum as I look!
(or if I'm by myself, I might sing into my wooden spoon mic. ha.)
"Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight ♪♪♪"
Aw, little Fievel! He was so cute.