One of my crab apple trees.
- It's May 1st! We're half way through spring already! I have a tradition of taking off the flannel sheets on this day and putting the summer sheets on the beds on this day. Well, we're still quite snug in our flannels, so I'm not going to change them out just yet. I think this is a first! So where's that global warming? ha. I've been freezing all day!
- The strawberry patch is lush and is showing lots of blooms. I haven't produced enough fruit in past years to really enjoy them, but they are looking good this season! Sometimes a raccoon family will invade and gobble them up. I've even seen Robins eating them. My boys eat 8 pounds of strawberries each week. See why I want to grow my own? ha.
- I saw my first butterfly of the season!
- So here's a question for you. Do you call each post you write a 'blog'? Every once in a while I hear someone say they wrote a blog about this or that. Don't they mean a post? The blog is the whole site and each entry is a post, right? My OCD flares up whenever I hear someone say it the other way. It's like not putting the ketchup bottle in the proper spot in the refrigerator. lol....
- I flunked bulb planting. Seriously flunked. I tried forcing bulbs for Christmas and only got measly little sprouts about a month late. I bought bulbs late in the fall and put them in the freezer over the winter. I planted them in pots outside a couple of weeks ago. Nothing. Yep, I get an F. ha. Maybe I should just stick to the regular way of putting them in the ground in the fall.
- I washed the boys' winter coats and put them away today. If I jinxed the weather and it snows, I'll take all the blame. ha. Although, it did snow in parts of Minnesota yesterday!
- It's Wanda and Keith's birthdays today! Two of my favorite bloggers! Happy Birthday!