- Thankful for long hair. Pin it up when it's hot...or you're having a bad hair day. haha....With this humidity, every day is a bad hair day!
- We haven't had rain in two days! It's a miracle! Sunday was the last time it rained and it went out with a bang...literally! Lightning struck close to our house and took the power out for a few hours. No nascar watching for me. Sigh! What awful timing! But I'll win this coming Sunday, as I will be AT the race. Yippee for me!
- A few of you have asked how Star is doing. She's doing very well! (for those that don't know she was a rescue kitty, abused, starved, sick and near death). She's a sweet little thing and her health is improving each week. I mentioned to someone this week that she has put on enough weight to be upgraded to 'terribly thin'. Poor girl. What a rough time she has had. She's grateful, though, for her new home here. Some nights she sleeps on my pillow and rests her head on mine. Aw.
- Don't you hate it when you walk into your grocery store and they have rearranged all the isles? You have to walk down each one and look for things. Your old comfortable place is suddenly foreign and unfamiliar. Thankfully, they hadn't moved the sorbets and ice cream yet. haha....I found my favorites without any trouble!
- Feeling a little blue lately about autism. 99% of the time I am accepting of this in our family, but gosh...every once in a while I mourn what cannot be. The guys are 21. They should be graduating college, finding jobs and wives and apartments. Instead, I'm making sure their shirts aren't on backwards and tying their shoes. But this, too, is part of the wonder of life with it's ups and downs. Life isn't fair and was never promised to be. Thank God he will show us how it all makes sense one day and how it fits into a story much bigger than our own.
- I stopped by my favorite sweet corn farm for the first time today. Picked up 2 dozen ears of Silver King. Can't wait to eat it tomorrow when T & L are here!
- Speaking of Taylor and Lauren, it's their 2nd wedding anniversary today! My, how time flies. We helped them move into a new apartment over the weekend. It's a gorgeous place...so happy for them and especially happy that they are still close by!