- A couple of weeks ago I found this bear in the auction trash. Just look at that face! I couldn't let him go in the dumpster. He's about 2 feet tall when he stands up. He's been sitting in my studio watching me with those soulful eyes as I packaged up sales ever since. I've found myself talking to him like I talk to house plants. ha. I didn't know what I was going to do with him when I brought him home, but I think he's going to stay with me. The studio needs a teddy, I'm thinking! Now that the busyness of the season is finished, I'm going to give him a bath and wash his little sweater.
- We're in that lovely lull after Christmas at our house. The men are home from their day program and work. I love that quiet, peaceful and contented time after a whirlwind 4 weeks of parties, concerts, programs, decorating, shopping, wrapping and cooking. We have leftovers to nibble on, a puzzle going on the dining room table, and minimal laundry because we're staying in our jammies. Sigh. Nice.
- I got a tripod and new wide angle lens for my camera from the mister. I'll be able to take a selfie showing more than my head and neck! haha. (from the tripod, not the wide angle lens, in case you were confused. hahaha) I took a sunset photo last night and could almost take the whole street in one shot with that lens. Pretty fun! I'm curious if taking a picture of the moon will be easier on a tripod, too.
- We did a few new things on Christmas Day that were wonderful and became instant traditions. One was the steak/crab leg meal instead of the usual ham/mashed potato menu. Not only was it easier to prepare, but it was such a nice change. I didn't have any crackers or picks for seafood, so we shared a nutcracker and tools I had. I'll have to shop for some seafood sets this year. Maybe some little gadgets that keep your melted butter warm, too. Do they make such things?
- The other new thing was to watch the movie Elf. The Mister and I had not seen it before. Very fun. Very sweet. Instant tradition...right up there with my favorite Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim. I couldn't find my DVD of Alastair but we got lucky and found a marathon of that movie playing all day Christmas Day on TV. I've now had my fill of Scrooge until next year. haha.
- But my favorite memories of this entire Christmas were of Alex. I have photos and I'll make it another post since Pat is going to comment already that "Geez, you're a blabbering long winded girl today!" haha. I usually just show pictures with minimal chat, so you must indulge me once in a while as I ramble a bit!
Hope you all had a nice Christmas and are
also enjoying that contented lull of
peace and quiet that comes after.
I also hope you were on the Nice List
and didn't get any coal!