- I'm happy to say that the kitchen reno, that we thought would have to wait because of major household repairs, has been rescued by a couple of summer clearance sales from the stores we were looking at! We ordered the flooring yesterday and scheduled our favorite contractor for the first week of October, so there's no turning back now!
- If anyone has done a kitchen reno, I'd take any advise you have! What did you like, not like and what would you do differently?
- Our kitchen is 26 years old and it is just like it was when it was built in 1988. The floor wasn't laid properly and we have about 40 tiles with cracks in them! And thanks to Alex, who flooded the kitchen once, there is water damage along the bottom cupboards.
- At the auction this week I got the long runner in the picture. I think it will look great in the kitchen, running the length of the wall with the sink and cupboards. It was filthy and not fit to come in the house, but I vacuumed it and folded it length-wise and fit it into my washing machine! Thank goodness for my huge industrial washer! haha. I ran it through two cycles with extra soap and it came out great. Cocoa approves! A great deal for $12.
- It was cool today...only in the 40's F this morning! And this afternoon it smells like rain as it begins to sprinkle. Not the worm smell, but the clean rain smell. There IS a difference. haha. One by one, I could see cats come out from their sleeping places under bushes and shrubs in the yard and make their way to the back porch. We actually need rain! We've had to use the sprinkler to water the garden this week.
- Where did the summer go? I don't have kids in school anymore to mark those times, but I've heard football practice and band camp wafting across the breeze from the school down the road. We're a university town and college kids came back this weekend. I can't believe August is half done already!
- Anybody else going to the nascar race tomorrow? If you are, come say hello....section 75 at turn 1. :)