- This photo is just one of the many reasons I love the color grey. I mean, just look at that! It's more beautiful than if it had all been bright colors. At least I think so. ha. That little bird did manage to swallow that big seed, by the way.
- Speaking of photos, I signed up for an online photography class! It starts in a week and runs for one month. There are daily instructions and weekly assignments. I'm looking forward to learning how to use all those settings on my camera in a practical way.
- Not long ago the whole family got new electric toothbrushes. Wow, they are powerful and really do the job. They do, however, make a high pitched whine that sounds like you're at the dentist. You know how a dog will wail at some sounds or music? Well, the first time I used the new toothbrush on Spencer (I still help the boys brush) he let out a long wail like that for the entire brushing session. One long howl...a single musical note, without taking a breath. It was the funniest thing ever. omg... I'm glad he doesn't do it each time. ha.
- Slate the cat has continued to come around daily and slept over one especially cold night this week. Saturday (tomorrow) he's taking a trip for a little out patient surgery if he shows up in the morning. (shhh!)
- One day this week we had fried chicken for dinner. Alex was in heaven. ha. The following afternoon I was surprised to see him get off the bus first and run toward the house. He's usually last and quite slow. I thought maybe something was wrong or he really had to go to the bathroom. No, he ran straight to the refrigerator (with his coat still on) and pulled out the leftover chicken and a plate. Ha. That boy really loves his food!
- Two (three...just updated tonight) of my blog friends lost family members in the past week. A fourth one almost did but it wasn't his time to go. Life is short, isn't it? You never know how long you'll have each other. Makes me hug my boys a little tighter.
- It's 53F degrees today and almost all of the snow has melted. Just patches of the thicker piles are left. Birds are singing. I have daffodils peeking out of the ground. Hmmm. Could it be? Don't pack away your winter coat just yet! ha. I did that once. I was a freshman in college. I went home for break and it was spring weather! I left my coat at home and then it snowed for a week! I froze. I was only 18. What did I know? ha.
- When the boys leave in the morning, I hold the front door open and they grab their lunch bag and walk out. I usually am saying things like, 'Bye' and count each boy as they leave, "One...two... " They don't ever look at me or respond in any way. One day this week Harry picked up his lunch bag and gave me a kiss as he walked out the door. Aw. Melt my heart.
- This is my 2000th post! Wow!