- Cocoa loves to lay in my lap while I sit at my desk. His fur has changed from cocoa-brown to shiny licorice as he's grown up this year. I thought about changing his name. But Licorice just doesn't roll off the tongue very well. And the nicknames are too funny. Licky? Licor? uh...no. I just love his blue-ish green eyes! It's been 7 months since he knocked on our back door during a late night heavy snow fall. He still hasn't divulged who told him we'd take him in. lol... It's about time to get him neutered, too. He's strutting around here like he owns the place, even though he's on the lowest rung of the ladder. ;)
- Where did September go?
- I switched seasons in my clothes closet today. I also pulled out 32 items that I never wear to go to the thrift store. Some of them I literally laughed at and said aloud, "Why in the heck have I been holding on to that?" :)
- I changed out the covers on all of my Pinterest boards. It's kind of like redecorating your house. ha. It was fun! I'm also enjoying 'following' many of you! If I don't follow you, let me know...I'd love to! It's not just for girls, you know. Even Alan is on Pinterest! :)
- The big kids both started new jobs today! Career jobs with positions in their fields of training. And they're both at the same company! Lauren in finance with her accounting degree and Taylor with his business marketing is in PR as a Digital Advertising Specialist. Really proud of both of them! And as a bonus, they live just 5 minutes away from work. Pretty great that they won't spend their paychecks just to commute!
- The leaves have started to turn! We aren't in full force yet by any means, but bits of yellow, orange and red are dotting the landscape!
- It's damp and chilly this evening. Drinking a cup of green tea instead of my usual bowl of ice cream. I'm a warm weather ice cream eater. How about you? Do you eat it all year long? I love it during the warm months, but I freeze if I eat it when it's cold out. The Mister doesn't share this sentiment, though, and requested I keep buying ice cream for at least another month. ha.