header

header

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Do Unto Others

I enjoy watching the televison program ABC's Extreme Home
Makeover. In case you have never watched it, it is a show
that helps a family who usually is in great need of a new
home and usually has a family member with some kind
of medical condition. Sometimes they have lost a parent
or have a sick child. The community rallies around them
and in one weeks time, with the help of the Extreme Home
Makeover team, they tear down their house, rebuild a new
and improved one and surprise the family with it after
sending them on a vacation for the week. It is a show that is
filled with love, giving, sacrifice and the wonderful rewards
of giving to someone else.
There are times, with three autistic boys, that I can sit down
to watch feeling tired, discouraged and a little sorry for
myself. I always end up being reminded that so many people
have it worse than me. And the best part is seeing what
wonderful results can come from showing some love to
another person.
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one
another; By this all will know that you are My disciples,
if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35
"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed
down, shaken together, and running over will be put in to
your bosom. For with the same measure that you use,
it will be measured back to you." Luke 6:38
Isn't that last line interesting? So, if we are feeling a lack of
love, peace, kindness, or understanding maybe we need
to dish it out to others in a bigger measure!

2 comments:

  1. I love that!!! So very true!! Having a positive spirit and outlook will always bless others as well as yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am glad you found my blog! I am already blessed by your wisdom and experience! I cannot imagine triplets...let alone with autism! Your words are very encouraging...I, too, look forward to your blogs!

    ReplyDelete

I'm serving coffee! Stay and chat!
And no awards, please! Your comments are my awards!