Whiskers and Jack lounging on my desk
- Well, the stress of summer is catching up with me! Every August I feel it sucking all patience, humor and life from my body. :) It hasn't been a bad summer at all, but having three teenage boys with autism in the house 24/7 does get a bit wearisome. They have enjoyed themselves, though. Last week, from our yard, I could hear the high school marching band as they began practices on the football field and knew that the end was near! ha. Silence is what I crave...a morning without Alvin and the Chipmunks singing Home On The Range at the same time Veggie Tales is blasting I Don't Got A Belly Button. lol. Yeah, my sanity is wearing thing. hahaha.
- To celebrate the summer being on it's last month, I bought the boys new lunch boxes and socks. The lunch boxes had gone in the trash the last day of school. They were well past their prime. ha. And the socks? Well, let's just say that the heels are bare and they aren't as white as they once were. In fact, you just don't realize how bad they are until you buy new! :) I also did a little online shopping for school clothes. Old Navy..got such good deals and free shipping.
- I decided on a whim and very spur of the moment to open an Etsy shop! This was not at all what I had planned to do on a week away from blogging! I was considering a few things such as going back to selling on eBay, needing a creative outlet, enjoying a weekly art co-op...or not, and cleaning out my house. Sometimes you just don't feel right about the options and God just drops something new right in your lap, you know? This was one of those times. So, within a few hours I had signed up, completed all the necessary background stuff, and started photographing and listing some things. What a great way to share some of my drawings and auction finds! I still need to have some of my drawings printed, so those will be another week or so away. The Grand Opening is Monday! I hope you'll take a look, even if just for fun. I plan to add new things weekly.
- I had swore I wasn't going to let any zucchini become as big as the Goodyear Blimp and pick them while they were nice and small. Well, I didn't check for three days and guess what...I have 4 Goodyear Blimps sitting on the kitchen island this morning. haha. I'm going to spend the day doing some baking.
- I've been watching the Olympics! Always fun! I got to thinking, as I've learned to maneuver through the house with a new kitten underfoot, that if this were some kind of sport, I might have a chance at the gold! lol...I've got it down pat now,...graceful, smooth and no longer take a tumble or let out a shriek when he trips me up. haha. Now, seriously....with some of the more odd sports, I think they should consider this! :)
- We're in the midst of working on filing for guardianship of our boys. Turning 18, they are their own adults now, unless we do the legal work. We've hired an attorney and have been working on the necessary things. They also, aside from this, needed checkups with the doctor, which we did last month. They tried to do some blood work, and after sticking Alex a dozen times, couldn't find a vein and they referred us to the hospital where they might have better luck. I hate this type of thing. Poor boys, screaming, while a group of adults hold them down and poke them with needles. Repeat. Repeat. We need to go this coming week and get this done. I've put it off for several weeks now! Fortunately, The Mister works at the hospital, so hopefully he can just come up to the next floor and give me a hand. :)
Well, that's probably enough rambling.
What did you do this week?
I've missed you!
If you made any big announcements on your blog
that I missed, please tell me here! :)