I worked an auction on Wednesday and brought home a few
- A vintage French Country hen...rather large...she's ceramic and painted white. She looks nice on top of my china cabinet, I think!
- A mint-condition gardening keepsake book by one of my favorite artists, Marjolein Bastin.
- I do love her art and as I flipped through the book, I noticed how much she's influenced my own style of drawing!
- This pitcher and bowl were in a box that I paid 25 cents for. I love transferware and thought it was too pretty for the trash. Nobody was going to bid on it because the pitcher has a chip. It's fun to be clerking and if nobody is going to take it, offer to bid myself. haha. It was too pretty to throw away!
- I did find this bushel basket in the trash...just in time to bring in veggies from the garden. Nice to get practical things there, too!
- I think the transferware looks nice with this pillow I have in the living room!
- Oh, and Mrs. Hen had her mate, Mr. Rooster with her! He's a whopping 26" tall! I like the way he looks with my vintage white ironwork hanging above the window. I actually bid on the cute couple. Taylor pronounced them 'hideous'. lol. I should wrap them up for a wedding present next summer, don't you think? :)