- The Mister and I were out for dinner and a little shopping Saturday night and I got a little honey suckle scented candle at the Pottery Barn Outlet. Mmmmm. Smells wonderful.
- I licked an envelope to seal it and got a paper cut on my lip. It does not feel wonderful. lol.
- I can tell it is officially summer because my last few cups of coffee get poured over ice!
- We have a lovely new pool up in the back yard. So far, Spencer has been the only one to get in it. Autism is a hard thing to figure out. ha ha. But they will get there. They have loved it in past years. Some times I think their brains tell them 'no' even when they really want to do something. It's also hard to break away from the electronics obsession. The weather is cooperating, though..hot and humid!
- I made a Fudge Upside Down Cake for Father's Day. Rich, dark, ooey and gooey. Best served warm with ice cream. I'll share the recipe later this week. Having a piece every night after dinner is making me run extra on the treadmill. ha ha.
- I live with 5 men and 4 of them are hoarders. Alex is the opposite, throwing out things we need...like unopened mail, tissues as you are trying to use them and important forms waiting for our signatures. The Mister is a hoarder, though. He bought 3 pairs of shoes (much needed, btw) Saturday and on the way home, I said, "I hope you're going to throw out three pairs from your closet when you get home!" He gave me a weird look and I said.."At least the ones on the top shoe shelf that have an inch of dust on them...proving that you haven't worn them in over a year!" Well, he picked out two to throw out and was wavering on the third pair until I rolled my eyes. haha. Finally, he had the courage. lol. Geesh! I have to get tough or we're going to end up on that show! haha. And Jax, you know how we were talking about 'two shoe' guys? He is not one of them! He missed that memo! lol.
- Spencer went to Sam's Club with me tonight. I'm exhausted. lol. I'll give him his own post about it soon. :)
AND THE GIVEAWAY WINNER IS.....
HAPPY DAY, SWEET MAGPIE!
EMAIL ME YOUR MAILING ADDRESS AND I'LL PUT YOUR
LITTLE GIFT IN THE MAIL ASAP.