I worked an auction today. Fun day...gorgeous weather, nice stuff,
interesting people-watching, even my not-so-secret admirer
(normally grumpy old man that has a serious crush on me)
was there to pay quite a few really sweet compliments. ha.
I even brought home some loot and trash pickings!
But I think the best part was that since the boys are home
on summer vacation, going 'to work' seemed like a vacation
day to me! haha. Nice!
- Loved this antique wicker English baby carriage. It went for $65, which I thought was a steal. I should have bought it for future grandchildren! And until then, wouldn't it have been beautiful at a baby shower full of gifts? What was I thinking? ha.
- This white porcelain pot with the handle was under a table of box lots sitting in front of me all day. Perfect condition and calling my name. I love ironstone and crocks...this would be right at home in my house.
- This acorn and oak leaf hand sewn quilt was really lovely. It went for almost $400.
- Several tables of figurines and collectibles. I always enjoy browsing through this stuff. It goes for pennies and some times you really can find a treasure.
- And look! Bidder 164 won that white porcelain pot! That would be me, of course! I got it for $7. The bottom is stamped The US Porcelain Company, Wellsville, O. Semi Vitreous Porcelain. And thank you to my coworker, Julie, who bid for me while I was busy with customers. :)
- And this is the box of stuff I saved from the trash. I really love the little transferware mug in the corner. Might be drinking my coffee out of that tomorrow! The china, mug and vintage Christmas bulbs are sitting on a pile of sea shells, which I collect! Nice!
Maybe the stuff I brought home will make a reappearance after everyone
has had a bath in the kitchen sink. :)